“Whether you are interested in attending a 600 Hour Massage Therapy Program, or a 1000 hour Holistic Health Practitioner Program, Healing Hands School of Holistic Health, can help you find the best financial solution for your education” said Harmony Morgan, Director for Healing Hands – Laguna Hills. “Interested students can file an Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-20 school year, at no cost. Completing a FAFSA is a student’s first step, when seeking federal money for their education. Completing the FAFSA is a huge step toward taking charge of your financial future”, she added.
If a student qualifies, their Financial Aid opportunities may include subsidized (interest paid) and unsubsidized student loans. They may also receive a ‘Pell Grant’ which does not require pay back at all. The information on a FAFSA is also used by state governments, colleges, and other institutions to determine if the student may qualify for other types of financial aid or potential scholarships. These may include but are not limited to: Employment Development Department (EDD) Education & Training benefits, Post 911 Veterans Benefits & Training, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Workplace Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) Educational Funds.
In fact, Healing Hands is one of the few schools in So Cal that are Nationally Accredited, State Approved (by CAMTC) and qualified to receive all forms of financial aid on behalf of students. In addition, students who don’t qualify for government aid, or those are awarded partial benefits only, Healing Hands offers several affordable in-house financing plans. These plans allow Founding Directors, Paula and Neha Curtiss to fulfill one of their founding visions; to make an education in the Holistic Healing Arts available to all who desire one.
In decades past, filing for financial aid involved researching family tax returns and documents to complete a lengthy 10-page workbook. Today, application is far less complicated, cutting the filing process down to an average of 20 – 30 minutes. This is partially due to the fact that the on-line application is automatically filled with data from the IRS. According to the education advising site: Edvisors.com, millions of students who would have qualified for the Pell grant in the 2018-19 never applied, assuming they wouldn’t qualify. Don’t let that happen to you! Call Healing Hands and speak with a Financial Aid adviser who can walk you through the process and answer any questions or concerns.
Eligibility Requirements for federal student aid are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen
- Must have a valid Social Security number (SSN), except for students from the Freely Associated States (e.g., Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau).
- Must possess a high school diploma, or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or, have completed a high school curriculum in a home school setting that satisfies the state’s requirements for home schooling.
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program at a college or university that is eligible for Title IV federal student aid. Students who are simultaneously enrolled in elementary or secondary school are not eligible.
- In addition, a student’s eligibility for Title IV Federal aid may be affected by such factors as remedial coursework, correspondence study, study via distance education, program of study and incarceration.
Application Requirements for prospective students are as follows:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Comply with verification requirements.
- Demonstrate financial need, if applicable. Some federal grant, work and loan programs require the student to demonstrate financial need. The Direct Unsubsidized Loan, Grad PLUS Loan, and Parent PLUS loan do not depend on financial need.
- Sign a Statement of Educational Purpose, certifying that you will use Title IV federal student aid only to pay for educational costs.
- In addition, male students must have registered with Selective Service between the ages of 18 and 25 to be eligible for federal student aid. A failure to register must not be knowing and willful.
Detailed instructions for completing your FAFSA can be found at: https://www.edvisors.com/fafsa/book/user-info/.
Take a Leap of Faith!!
Finding out if you qualify for financial aid is as easy as 1-2-3! Apply today to take control of your financial Future!
- Go online to: fafsa.ed.gov
- Click on: “Start a New FAFSA”
- Complete the online form.
Considered a trail-blazer for education in the Holistic Healing Arts, Healing Hands has been serving residents throughout So Cal for over 27 years. To date, we have prepared more than 7,500 students for successful careers in Massage Therapy and can do the same for YOU! To learn more, visit us online at www.healinghandsschool.com or call us any Monday through Friday from 9am to 5:30 pm, at (858) 505-1100 / Kearny Mesa, or (760) 746-9364 / Escondido, or 949-305-2722 in Laguna Hills.