Congratulations on achieving your Massage Therapy Certificate or Holistic Health Practitioner Certificate! Healing Hands graduates are the most highly demanded therapists in Orange County and San Diego County because of the exceptional training they receive and the array of modalities at their disposal.

Now that you’re a graduate (or approaching graduation), we want to be sure you have the resources you need to finish your program requirements, find a job, and thrive in your new career path.

Healing Hands Graduate Perks

As a graduate of the Healing Hands School of Holistic Health, you belong to our community for life.  Here are some of the perks that you can count on throughout your entire career:

  • Lifetime Inclusion on the Job Opportunity Email List
  • Lifetime Resume and Interview Assistance 
  • Lifetime Discount for HHP Continuing Education Courses (for HHP graduates)

Certification & Licensing Support

You’re graduating with your school certification – and now it’s time to consider State certification and Federal certification.  The CAMTC, or California Massage Therapy Council, is the state certifying entity in California.  They issue a Massage Therapy Certification at 500 hours.  This is what most people refer to as a license.

Download our Steps to receiving your CAMTC certification, and visit for more information.

Career Services

Resume Support

Are you confused on how to write a good resume?  You aren’t alone. Our Resume Workbook & Interview Guide is designed to help you with the process.  We’ll also help to look over your resume and provide guidance and support.


Career Placement Support

We typically receive 3-5 career postings per week.  These positions range from part-time to full-time to independent contractor, and they come from every specialization within the massage field.  If you are interested in seeing the postings you can click here to sign up on our Job Opportunity Email List! 

FAQs for Graduates

How do I get certified to work in a different state?

Different states have different requirements for massage therapists.  If you plan on leaving California, check the new state’s requirements.  These requirements may include: hours of training, testing, background checks, etc.  If you have already been certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage (aka the Nationals), you may not be required to take the state’s test.  However, that is at the discretion of the state. You can check out individual states using this link:


What are the Nationals?  How do I get them?

National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodyworkers (aka the Nationals) changed their name to the Board Certification for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork. This is an additional certificate that helps prove your expertise as a massage therapist.   Most employers do not request this.  However, therapists with this certification may experience greater pay because they are considered more qualified.  Most of our teachers have this certification, and we highly encourage the additional certificate for our graduates.  In states where a test is necessary to receive a license, the Nationals can often take the place of sitting for an additional exam.  You need 750 hours in a school and 250 working hours to take this exam.  

Visit for more information.


How do I get insured?

There are different massage therapist insurance agencies to consider.  We are partnered with Associate Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) because of their advocacy for holistic health in the community.  They also offer some of the best full-coverage insurance plan plus other career building member benefits.  Go to to learn more.  If you sign up, our referral number is 133236.


Why do I need insurance?

Insurance covers you in case someone gets hurt while receiving a massage or after a massage.  Most employers require that you have insurance, if it is not included with employment.  *Please note that some modalities, like Hot Stone, are not covered under most insurance agency’s policies, unless you have taken the class at a qualified school.  (That means that if a spa trains you, your insurance will not cover you).  So, be careful with what employers ask you to do and always make sure you are covered.

Let’s Invest in Your Future. Let’s Transform Your Life.
Let’s Start Today.