Here’s a tasty dish to warm up your soul on the cold winter days!
Spinach, which is rich in Antioxidants, B Vitamins, Minerals, Omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin K, has more documented health benefits than almost any other vegetable studied. Tomatoes, contain a wide variety of nutrients including potassium, niacin, vitamin B6 and folate, vitamin E, magnesium, manganese and zinc. Additionally, tomatoes are low in calories, high in fiber and a rich source of the antioxidant lycopene believed to offer protection from various cancers and heart disease. This recipe that combines the benefits of both, takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook making it a quick and easy recipe that packs quite the nutritional punch!
- 1 (8 oz) box linguine
- 1 ½ cups of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh Basil leaves
- ½ cup of sweet onion (diced)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 pkg crumbled feta cheese (approx. 4 oz)
- Cook linguine per package directions
- Add olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano to a large non-stick skillet over low heat
- Add fresh spinach, basil, tomatoes and onions and stir to mix
- Saute ingredients until onions are clear and tomatoes and spinach soften
- Add in the feta cheese and stir mixture until heated
- Drain linguine and pour into a shallow serving dish
- Add the tomato and spinach mixture to the linguini and toss until mixed thoroughly
- Serve and enjoy!