Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 12 oz of chicken tenders (cut to bite-size pieces)
- ½ cup of quinoa
- ½ cup of sweet peas
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine quinoa with 1 cup water and cook per package instructions– set aside.
- Cut the sweet-potato into bite-size cubes, cover with 2” water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat for 3 – 4 minutes or until tender – set aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add in chicken pieces, stir and toss until starting to brown (5minutes) – transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and add onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper and stir until vegetables start to soften.
- Add the chicken, quinoa, sweet potato and peas, and stir until heated thoroughly (2-3 minutes)
- Transfer to a serving platter, top with cilantro and enjoy!
Nutrition: 311 calories, 25 g protein, 34 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 9 g fat
With locations in Escondido and Laguna Hills, HHSHH has successfully prepared more than 6,000 students for CAMTC certification and enrollment continues to rise! Boasting two academic Programs and 80+ Massage & Holistic Health classes offered during the day, evenings and on weekends, HHSHH helps students enjoy a satisfying and rewarding career in less than a year! To learn more about HHSHH, call 760.746.9364 in Escondido or 949.305.2722 in Laguna Hills.