Cal Grants Approved for Massage School Students

Healing Hands School is excited to announce that our students can receive the Cal Grant Award!

Healing Hands School is one of the only massage schools in California to process Cal Grants!

At Healing Hands School, we are always looking for ways to help our students. After 3 years of applying for this funding, we are finally able to help our students receive this financial aid.

To qualify:

  • First! Submit a 2021/2022 FAFSA or a CADAA (California Dream Act Application)
  • Be a California resident for 1 year
  • Not have a BA or professional degree
  • Be enrolled full-time (15 hours/week)
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress

If you qualify you receive:

  • Up to $2,465 per year
    • This gets broken down into quarters, so about $600 per quarter
  • Cal Grant funding will be applied to tuition first, then any overage will be given directly to the student


  • Do I need my High School GPA?
    • No, there are 3 different types of Cal Grants. Healing Hands participates in Cal Grant C. You do not need to show a previous GPA for Cal Grant C.
  • If my program length is 9 months, will I receive the full $2,400?
    • No, you will receive $1,800, or $600 for each quarter you are enrolled full-time.
  • If my program is 15 months, will I receive more than $2,400?
    • That depends on you! You will need to apply for FAFSA for 2 different award years, and be eligible in each year. But yes, you may qualify for up to $3,000 – or 5 quarters worth of funding.
  • If I receive the Pell grant, would I qualify for funds?
    • Most likely
  • If I don’t receive a Pell grant, would I qualify for funds?
    • Less likely, however there is a slightly different financial criteria as this is a California grant and not a Federal Grant so we encourage you to apply.
  • Do I have to be a US Citizen?
    • No, if you qualify for the Dream Act and can fill out a CADAA, you may qualify for this funding

CADAA: California Dream Act Application

  • For student who do not qualify for Federal Student Aid, but you are considered eligible for the California Dream Act. Apply for the California Dream Act here: