Holistic Massage School Offers On-line Course in “Professional Practices” for Massage Therapists

Healing Hands School of Holistic Health, (Healing Hands) offers two educational Programs. The first is a 600-hour Massage Therapist Program (MTP).  This course prepares students for CAMTC Certification needed for legal employment.  The second Program offered is a 1000-hour Holistic Health Practitioner Program (HHP). It provides the student with an additional 400 hours of practice in massage and/or integrative studies.

Professional Practices is a required on-line course for Healing Hands Students enrolled in a Program. The next course goes online starting May 28th and runs through June 25th.  It will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 2:30 pm.  Please note that Healing Hands also offers weekday, night and weekend courses at each of their three campus locations.

The Professional Practices class was designed to prepare students for the MBLEx, a nation exam for Massage Therapy licensure. In addition to reviewing what students must know about the body, it covers what they need to know about Professional Ethics, Boundaries, Laws & Regulations.

Toward that end, Healing Hands Students explore a Code of Ethics put forth by the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP). The ABMP is the largest association for Massage & Bodywork professionals in the United States. The ABMP’s Code of Ethics for Massage Therapists is considered an industry standard and is summarized below.

CODE OF ETHICS

1. Have a sincere commitment to provide the highest quality care.
  2. Commit to do no harm. Providing services within the scope of practice.
  3. Honestly represent my qualifications. Provide only the treatments and techniques for which I am fully trained.
  4. Uphold the inherent worth of all individuals. Treat clients with compassion and respect without prejudice or judgement.
  5. Respect client dignity and basic rights. Provide a clean, comfortable, safe, and respectful environment for massage.
  6. I will not perform Massage without obtaining a client’s informed consent first. I will respect their right to decline, modify or stop the Massage at any time.
  7. I respect a client’s right to privacy. I will make every effort to keep all client health related information and communications confidential.
  8. I will maintain personal and professional boundaries with clients. I will refrain from behaviors that may be considered sexual. I will not allow any sexual impropriety to take place, whether consensual or not.
  9. I commit to honesty in business. I will follow good business practices, set fair fees and distribute honest marketing materials.  I will not accept gifts, compensation or other benefits intended to influence my actions or decisions.
  10. I commit to professionalism. I will communicate clearly and project a professional image. I will demonstrate respect in my behavior, through my personal appearance, and with my interaction skills.

To review the complete list of the ABMP’s Code of Ethics click here.

————-

To date, Healing Hands’ Faculty has prepared over 8,000 students for rewarding careers as Professional Massage Therapists and can do the same for YOU! To learn more about the 40+ classes offered at Healing Hands, visit us on-line at www.hhs.edu.  For a tour of our classroom call (949) 305-2722 in Laguna Hills, (760) 746-9364 in Escondido or (858) 505-1100 in San Diego.