If you’ve ever treated yourself to a therapeutic massage by a skilled Massage Therapist, you are aware of the many physiological benefits Massage provides. These include the release of mental stress, a reduction in muscular tension, relief from pain, and a boost to the circulatory and immune systems. What’s also interesting is that the client receiving massage is not the only one reaping benefits. In fact, Massage Therapists often report that the focused attention Massage requires along with the rhythmic strokes and techniques used, induce a meditative session for the Practitioner as well.
Massage Therapists are fortunate that their job offers many personal as well as professional rewards. Below are some surprising facts to know about the massage industry and in-demand career of Professional Massage Therapist.
- Massage Therapy is part of a holistic (whole-body) approach to wellness. Massage also reduces risk factors for a variety of serious chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, fibromyalgia, high blood pressure and arthritis, as well as less serious conditions such as headaches, back pain, frozen shoulder, or hip and knee pain.
- Massage Therapists do much more than simply rub people to make them feel better. In addition to discussing current health issues, they help clients create goals for a wellness program that can sustain. Massage Therapists also educate on ways to stretch and strengthen muscles as well as exercises to enhance their posture and mobility.
- Massage Therapists are in high demand! Figures from a 2021 survey by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) showed 25% of men and 21% of women received a massage during the previous year.
- Massage Therapists enjoy a living-wage income! According to Bureau of Labor Statistics data from 2020, Massage Therapists earn a median salary of $43,620 per year. The highest 10 percent (usually operating a solo-practice) earn as much as $79,150 per year!
- Massage makes you feel better, plain and simple! 75% of survey respondents reported that the primary reason they got massage was for health or wellness reasons. pain relief, soreness, stiffness, injury recovery, headaches, prevention, and general well-being were other top reasons.
- Massage Therapy is an IN-DEMAND CAREER! The job outlook for massage therapists is extremely bright! According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment growth for Massage Therapists is expected to be 32 percent from 2020 to 2030.
Does a career as a Professional Massage Therapist sound like something you’d enjoy? If so, there’s never been a better time to get started and no better school for your education than Healing Hands School of Holistic Health. Healing Hands has been serving residents throughout Southern California for over 29 years. To learn more, call us at (800)335-6463.