The answer … ABSOLUTELY NOT! Any Massage Therapy School that you’re considering must be accredited. Accreditation is a process that protects students and the public by ensuring the school’s overall quality of education. Attending a school that is not accredited could result in one or more of the following problems for aspiring Massage Therapists:
- You will not be eligible for State Certification through the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) which is the Certifying body for Massage Therapy Schools and Therapists in the State of California.
- Employers can not legally hire you without your Certification by the CAMTC.
- You will not be legally Certified to provide massage therapy services to the public
- Accredited schools generally don’t accept transfer credits from unaccredited schools.
- You are not eligible for Federal Financial Student Aid and other Funding sources.
Massage Therapy students seeking their education and training from Healing Hands School of Holistic Health can rest assured they’re attending a CAMTC approved school. To receive CAMTC approval, Healing Hands Faculty and Staff had to meet stringent criteria and deliver training and curricula that meet specific legal requirements. Be sure to ask the Staff at each Massage School you’re considering if they are CAMTC approved and confirm their approval online at https://www.camtc.org/schools/.
Founded by Paula and Neha Curtiss in 1992, Healing Hands School of Holistic Health not only meets, but exceeds CAMTC’s criteria. Considered a trail blazer for education in the Holistic Healing Arts, below are a list of accreditations and approvals Healing Hands has earned through the years:
- Nationally Accredited and recognized by U.S. Department of Education.
- Is a member in good standing of the American Body-workers’ & Massage Practitioners’ Association & the American Massage Therapy Association.
- Certification by the Bureau of Private Post-Secondary Education.
- Accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
- Is approved by California State Approving Authority for Veteran Administration (VA) Education Benefits and training including title IX and Post 9/11.
- Offers Continuing Education for National Verification through NCBTMB.
- Approved by US. Dept. of Labor to provide training to individuals receiving Unemployment Benefits or retraining through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
- An approved School for Vocational Rehabilitation
- Authorization by The Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20 forms for M-1 Student Visas under the Student Exchange Visitor Program.
- Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, for continuing educational units.
With three SoCal locations, Healing Hands has successfully prepared more than 7,500 students for rewarding careers as Professional Massage Therapists and can do the same for you! Offering two academic Programs and 80+ Massage & Holistic Health classes, no other Massage School offers a better probability of success than Healing Hands. Want a new career in less than a year? To learn more visit us on-line at www.HealingHandsSchool.com or call (760) 746-9364 in Escondido, (858) 505-1100 in Kearny Mesa and 949.305.2722 in Laguna Hills.