When it comes to Massage Therapy Schools…There IS a Difference!
In accordance with the new Massage Therapy Law in effect as of January 1, 2015, the state governing body, the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) now requires
- CAMTC certificate holders have completed sufficient training at CAMTC approved schools;
- Ensure that CAMTC approved schools are providing a high level of training;
- Ensure that all applicants pass a CAMTC approved Standardized Exam.
To receive approval by CAMTC, massage schools must meet stringent criteria and deliver training and curricula that meet specific legal requirements. Massage Therapist/Applicants who do not attend a CAMTC approved school, will no longer be eligible for state certification!
Founded by Neha and Paula Curtiss in 1992, Healing Hands School of Holistic Health (HHSHH) not only meets, but exceeds CAMTC’s criteria. Below is a list of accreditations and approvals earned by HHSHH:
- Is certified by the Bureau of Private Post-Secondary Education of the State of California
- Is nationally accredited and recognized by U.S. Department of Education
- Accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Is approved by US. Dept. of Labor to provide training to individuals receiving Unemployment Benefits or retraining through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
- Is approved by California State Approving Authority for Veteran Administration (VA) Education Benefits and training including title IX and Post 9/11
- Is authorized by The Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20 forms for M-1 Student Visas under the Student Exchange Visitor Program
- Is approved for Vocational Rehabilitation
- Is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, for continuing educational units.
- Offers Continuing Education for National Verification through NCBTMB
- Is a member in good standing of the American Body-workers’ & Massage Practitioners’ Association & the American Massage Therapy Association
With locations in Escondido and Laguna Hills, HHSHH has successfully prepared more than 6,000 students for CAMTC certification and enrollment continues to rise! Boasting two academic Programs and 80+ Massage & Holistic Health classes offered during the day, evenings and on weekends, HHSHH helps students enjoy a satisfying and rewarding career in less than a year! To learn more about HHSHH, call 760.746.9364 in Escondido or 949.305.2722 in Laguna Hills.