Here’s a one that combines lean protein and veggies topped with a light, lemony dressing. It’s low in calories yet high in taste-bud satisfaction!
Total Calories – 310, Fat – 8g., Sodium – 600mg, Fiber – 3g.
Greek Tuna Salad Pita Sandwiches
- 2 cans (5 oz each) of Tuna in water, drained, and flaked
- 6 pita pocket breads (6 inch), cut in half to form 2 pockets
- 12 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato – seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber – seeded, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of celery – finely chopped
- ½ cup of feta cheese – crumbled
- ¼ cup of large ripe olives – pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper to create a dressing.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, celery, cheese, olives and Tuna.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until mixed.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf half in each pita pocket
- Fill each pita pocket with approximately ½ cup of tuna salad
- Serve and enjoy!