Did you enjoy the retreat? Did you enjoy the food? As I get recipes I will post them for you all to enjoy!
The Holistic Living Retreat is made up of a wonderful group of individuals working together to create a safe, fun, healing, and enriching environment. There was meditation, prayers, songs, chants, dances, art, music and so many joyful workshops! One aspect of making our surrounds and ourselves beautiful consisted of an awesome kitchen crew. Many folks who attended the retreat asked if they could have the recipes. So they will be here on the blog – and under the section Nutrition & Recipes. Enjoy!
Today’s post: Gluten Free Pancakes
- 1 batch = 8 – 12 pancakes
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- optional: ( add 1/4 cup arrowroot or cornstarch or potato starch for fluffier pancakes)
- 1 tsp baking powder
Mix all this dry stuff together
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 egg (Subsidize for vegan: 2 tbsp Chia mixed in 4 – 5 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or another type of oil)
- 1/2 – 1 cup water (add until consistency is a thick pancake batter)
Mix wet ingredients together
So, 1st) mix dry, 2nd) mix wet, 3) add dry to wet and combine them
Pancakes are more dense and filling then a typical box of pancakes.
Recipe given to us by Katie Mattson